SHOULD YOU UNIONIZED?
IS YOUR EMPLOYER ENGAGED IN UNFAIR LABOR PRACTICES?
DO YOU NEED BETTER WORKING CONDITIONS?
If your answer to any of the above is yes, you should contact a labor attorney who is board certified by a state board of legal specialization. Victor Farrugia is one of two attorneys in Louisiana who is a Labor Law Specialist, certified by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization. To check this, please go to the Louisiana Bar Association website and check the board-certified specialists in the field of labor law. Mr. Farrugia is also an Employment Law Specialist, certified by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization. He is the only lawyer in the state of Louisiana who is board certified in both Employment Law and Labor Law. If you are unsure whether your employer is engaged in an unfair labor practice or an illegal employment act or failure to act, contact this law firm.
The power of collective bargaining is one of the most important tools that workers have. This firm can help workers’ efforts against unfair employment practices. This firm can also help you negotiate collective bargaining agreement. Are you a worker seeking better pay, working conditions, or benefits? Are you an employer facing a possible unionization or unfair labor practice charge? This firm can help you.
These industries have many unions: law enforcement, education, the service industry in some contexts, manufacturing, construction. However, unions are not limited to these industries. If a group of workers wants to negotiate for higher wages, better working conditions, or better benefits, they may go on strike, form a union, file an unfair labor practice charge with the NLRB, or file a workplace safety claim. This firm can advise about or actively engage in the following:
- grievance proceedings
- Representing unions or individual employees before the NLRB
- Representing unions if they are currently being investigated by the U.S. Department of Labor
- Representing employees or collective unions when bargaining
- file a lawsuit against your employer
- negotiating contract terms in the middle of a union strike
- Negotiating with or suing your employer if they fired you on unreasonable grounds.
- Negotiating with or suing your employer if the employer doesn’t provide you with duly
required severance pay
- If you run a small business, this firm can help when you think your employees are
planning to strike or when you need to fire an employee who is a union member
- If you run a small business, this firm can help when a government agency representative
visits your company or contacts you seeking information about an incident at work
This firm will improve your chances of securing labor rights for you and your fellow workers.
And we can ensure that your collective bargaining is as effective and powerful as possible.